Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Reflection" for Robinson's Article

I agree with the fact that learninng by doing is always more valuable.It is very important for a teacher to provide students an opportunity to use their own skills for interpretation of results by participating in strong disscussions with peers .It's a wonderful idea. I already have experienced this practice during my teaching career. I have examined the changes in students' attitudes towards learning Although it requires a lot of patience but, I feel when students are allowed to give their opinion in a group they not only try to draw conclusions for some specific topics but they develop leadership qualities among themselves.Somtimes they feel as all their feers for complexity of some particular topic have lost.I also agree with robinsons' suggestion that activities like TPS focuses on the students' thinking and promotes disscussion of mathematics.they have cerrtain task to complete, but they must synthesize their findings and develop logical conclusions rather than practice specific skills[pg.70]
I feel this must be the scenerio of my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment